Thursday, March 18, 2010
Seamstresses in the Makin'
Well, those of you who have checked out my links know that I follow a site called "Candle on the Hill". It is a site with many modest dress patterns that are "easy" to follow. (Don't quote me on that one, though.) Mrs. Wendy Parenteau, Mandy Parenteau, and I are trying desperately to cobble together a half-decent Country Classic Dress from their website. It seems to be working "ok", even though we did cut the skirt a size too small and misread the bodice instructions and sew the same seam five (no kidding!) times over! It's a learning experience, for sure and for certain. "The blind leading the blind," says Mrs. Wendy. Well, if she is blind what am I...? Anyway, I'm really excited to see how it will turn out. If you have any knowledge you would like to impart upon us (something like was en alt der worlt darts contribute and are they necessary and how you cut them out and sew them in, etc.) We may finish it by Sunday, so if I'm wearing it then, please keep your smirks behind your hands...and if you are truly afraid, I will not mind if you run. Just watch out that you don't slam into Benjamin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for visiting "An Old Fashioned Girl"! Please leave a comment if you wish, and feel free to follow me! Have a great day.
Don't worry, I will have no need to run, because I will avoid you all together. (kidding)
ReplyDeletethat sounds like a good plan!
ReplyDelete