Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow at Dawn


As many of you know, I am an early riser. Nearly every morning I wake before sunrise, and I like it that way. I love to listen to music, drink tea, and watch the sun peeking up over the trees. This morning I looked out the window to see a sprinkling of snow on the ground! It was beautiful to see the snow sparkling with the reflected light as it softly fell to cover the earth. And I thought about the little things in life that make us so happy. Things like snow at dawn, finding money in the couch, licking the cake batter spoon, and a new pair of socks. Those little occurrences that seem to make our day just a bit brighter. So, reader, my challenge to you today is to stop and appreciate the small things that might come your way. It may be something as little as a smile from the cashier at the checkout counter. Whatever it is, savor the moment. And remember: don't sweat the small stuff. And it's nearly all small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting "An Old Fashioned Girl"! Please leave a comment if you wish, and feel free to follow me! Have a great day.