Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Settlers of Catan

"I rolled an eight, everyone!"
"Rock."
"I get two sheep!"
"Pass me some clay and one rock."
"WHEAT!"

Where on earth will you hear these shout-outs? I know of only one way: find four people playing Settlers of Catan. It's a very peaceful game - you build settlements while racing to keep other people from making a profit or building settlements and using a robber to steal resources and...

Doesn't that sound lovely?

Honestly, though, it's a really fun game. Recently, N.P. purchased an extension called "Seafarers of Catan". It looks really interesting, although someone will have to decode the rulebook for me before I try my hand at it. I would highly recommend it to those who enjoyed the board games such as "Risk" and "Carcasonne".

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like us! Sarah says that we all sound like a bunch of cavemen. "Rock,rock,rock. Wheat,wheat,wheat. SHEEP!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like SHEE-EE-EE-EE-EE-EEP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or, "RO-OOO-OOO-000CK!!!!"

    Or, "I GET CLAY! I GET CLAY!"

    Or, "I MOVE THE ROBBER!!!"

    OR, "I STEAL FROM BEKAH!!" (I hear that one a lot.) :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately it's been more like "Mo-o-ove da wobba!"
    (Michael's version of 'move the robber'.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, I don't think you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "An Old Fashioned Girl"! Please leave a comment if you wish, and feel free to follow me! Have a great day.