Ah, yes. Singings. Such wonderful times! (For those of ya out there who have absolutely no clue what I am talking about, every first Sunday of the month, the Brethren gather together and we sing for about an hour to two hours in the evening - hence the title Singing.) This Singing's topic was about "Attributes of Heaven." Yes, we sang all those good old songs - "When We All Get to Heaven", "Paradise Valley", and one that I particularly like (although it always makes me want to cry - it's so beautiful and sad and joyous all at once) : "Beyond the Sunset". It's very encouraging all around. ANYWAYS! Afterwards, I decided to play Sweet and Sour. You know, when you wave at passersby in their respective modes of transportation, and if they wave back, they're "sweet", and if they don't, they're "sour". Well, today I got many waves, a few car honks, one bus driver that practically jumped up and down in his seat waving ecstatically, a glare or two, some face-straight-ahead-lest-I-lose-control-of-my-brand-new-convertible folks, and a few I-see-you-but-I-am-too-preoccupied-with-my-texting-to-wave-back people. I got one person who flicked their wrist. Flicked...their...wrist! Like it took that much more energy to wave. Ah, well. It was fun, nevertheless. Come with me sometime and you can help me! One time we had about fifteen kids all lined up waving at cars driving by. One car turned around to wave at us again - and one carful of teenagers came back four times to wave! It is slightly humiliating, yes, but I'll like as not never see any of these people again, so even if they think "Those kids are making fools of themselves", I'll never know! Unless they glare. Which they have a habit of doing.
Come to think of it, I musta looked pretty weird, standing out there in Sunday clothes, waving like my hand was goin' to fall off. I was all alone at it, too. Pretty strange. Afterwards, Mr. Rollins joined me. Thankfully. My partner in crime - uh, good works. :)
ReplyDeleteAhem.. good works, I am thinking that is a false truth. Believe me if I had driven by, I would not have been ABLE to wave, I would have been I-see-you-but-I-just-got-my-permit-so-if-I-wave-I-might-hit-something person. Crazy isn't it. Although I will admit I have played the game before, I just never knew it was called that.
ReplyDeleteoh,sarah!I wish i could have been there.i think its hilarious when you get stares or glares or hi`s or bye`s.if i were there,i would have burst out laughing. oh,and by the way,my mom just walked by and asked:"mandy,can you tell sarah that i said that i think that she is doing great job on her blog?" "sure." "thanks." so,sarah,that means that i should tell you.......... YOU DO A GREAT JOB ON YOUR BLOG.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mrs. Wendy!! :) I wish you could have been there, too, Mandy - you could have helped me and shared my humiliation when I got a glare. Ah, well. We can do it again on Thursday!
ReplyDeleteKerrin, what is a false truth?
ReplyDeletesarah,I beleive what she means is that what you say is untrue. highly unlikely,Im sure.
ReplyDeleteah,just to 'clue you in',munnunock = amanda.
ReplyDeleteWhat is a munnunock?
ReplyDeleteI echo that question!
ReplyDeleteSarah-
ReplyDeleteA false truth, is what you think is a truth and I repute saying it is false, causing it to become a false truth. Also known as an oxymoron, if you don't know the definition, then the dictionary is awaiting you.
Life is an oxymoron in and of itself; that is to say, behind and above itself, and you could get hurt all by yourself.
ReplyDeleteOh, by the way, everyone, I talked to Munnunnock last night, (Mandy) and she said that Munnunnock is her Indian name, meaning Lone Star, or something like that.
ReplyDeletesomething strange like that.
ReplyDeleteoh,THANKS,bekah. munnunock(mun-nun-ock)is a kanahwake(ka-na-wake)indian name that translates into 'ALONE STAR'.
ReplyDeleteOh, yeah. ALONE star. That's rather depressing. We're here for ya, Mandy! You're never alone!
ReplyDeletedon't worry ,sarah.I know your always there for me.*sniff,sniff*
ReplyDelete