Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

This past Tuesday, April 6, 2010, was my one-year anniversary of my baptism! So exciting! I've learned so much and grown some, too, if I do say so myself. Thanks to all you fine folk out there who've encouraged and edified me over the past year and keep up the good work! I can't believe I'm already one year old! It seems like yesterday I was standing there in the downpour, rain dripping off of my nose, being hugged tightly by my new sisters and brothers in Christ...and enjoying every minute of it. I can recall clearly the pizza they ordered afterwards - a late-night, last minute call to Dominoes' for a post-baptismal celebration. (I know for a fact that it was past 11:30.) The lady at the pizza place was so nice - she delivered six pizzas after closing time! I remember Garbanzo Beans in celebration. And I remember that joyous feeling of fellowship with my newfound family - and with my Father.

2 comments:

  1. Special thanks to the Reeves family for the warm water in that trough... although I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all of us were already in bed, too! Still, it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "An Old Fashioned Girl"! Please leave a comment if you wish, and feel free to follow me! Have a great day.