Saturday, April 10, 2010

Modern Plain

Wow! The things I didn't know. Now, when someone asks me, "Are you Amish?" I'll know how to answer: "No, I'm actually a non-denominational Christian, but I do see why you might think so, because I dress "modern Plain"." (Like I could actually remember that on the spot!) Here's Quaker Jane's summarization of "modern Plain" people:

This group is the most difficult to categorize. Women who fall into this category choose their clothes for their simplicity, classic style and modesty. They seek to express their religious convictions through what they wear. Skirts and jumpers are popular, but trousers for women tend to be perfectly acceptable... Actual plainness (solid colors, simple print, limited-palette wardrobes) is a hallmark of the plain modern look. There are neither anachronisms nor symbolically or traditionally important items.

So that's what I am!

1 comment:

  1. dont make it sound like its a breed.remember,im the same thing you are! p.s. i am now taking on the name munnunock.in kanahwake indian,munnunock means 'alone star'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "An Old Fashioned Girl"! Please leave a comment if you wish, and feel free to follow me! Have a great day.