Thursday, May 6, 2010

Common Spanish Phrases

Here are some common Spanish phrases for y'all. I expect you to use them in your comments from now on!

Oye - hey
Como esta (usted) - How are you?
Donde esta... - Where is...
Como se llama? - What is your name?
Muchos gustos - Pleasure to meet you.
Que bueno - How good/fine
No importa - never mind
Que hay de nuevo? - What's new?
Que lastima - What a pity/ how pitiful
Lo siento - I'm sorry
Que hora es? - What time is it?
Cuanto anos tiene? - How old are you?

This is your first Spanish lesson. (By the way, some of the above phrases will not translate precisely into English - but Spanish-speaking people use them to mean the same thing. For instance, Cuanto anos tiene literally means, "How many years do you have?")

21 comments:

  1. Hola, mi amigo. Que hay de nuevo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um........ do I have to talk in Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess not, but whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Que lastima.they have gone crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosa, no hablo espanol.

    Or however you spell that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It depends who you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda were you talking about me when you said they have gone crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was mainly talking about Rebekah,but if you WANT to fall into that catagory you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Si, I understand.
    Giddyup

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heather, you fail the exam. Giddyup is not even Spanish. I will give you your report card on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. when did she say Giddyup?

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh,I see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. tut, tut, Heather, you should not say such things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's my turn to agree!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope I get a Z+! Yes, Sarah is my teacher.very nice!(strict really)
    Giddyup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "An Old Fashioned Girl"! Please leave a comment if you wish, and feel free to follow me! Have a great day.