It's Just Been Glorious by Dale Smelser
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is without a doubt one of my new favorites. I think it's the second one in my whole life that's ever made me cry - and I mean cry with tears streaming down my face. The message is so beautiful - and the real life stories of Dale and Marlene Smelser are truly edifying. A must-read for any Christian woman.
View all my reviews >>
Maybe it is partially so special because I see glimpses of her character traits portrayed through her children and grandchildren, most of whom I know personally. If anyone wants to borrow it, let me know. I can probably lend you our copy.
ReplyDeleteWhat's it about?
ReplyDeleteIt's the life story of a preacher's wife named Marlene Smelser and about how she stayed faithful even through her battle with cancer, which she lost in 2002.
ReplyDeleteOh! I say it again, OH~!
ReplyDeleteOh, ho, ho. Now who's being weird?
ReplyDeleteCan I borrow it please?
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely - I'll try to remember to bring it on Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteOr sometime soon.
Okay, thanks!
ReplyDeleteNow who's being weird? where would Wayne weep? n
ReplyDeleteHey call me, i need a question answered!
GOT IT!?
What was that question? You never asked me today.
ReplyDeleteHm. Well, Wayne would weep in Wyoming with Winnifred.
I can't ask a question with certain sisters lurking, longingly about! Comprenday! Or how ever you spell that! See you soon! The question is one thou will not like! ( kidding)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad i know tha wayne will weep in Wyonming!
Whith shom shall he wink?
No, I'm the one who'll be doing all the winking!
ReplyDeleteOh. *sigh* That question. I'm moving to Wyoming to escape you... or maybe to Nevada... Hm.
soon. now. and Heather, it is really a beautiful book, with some funny stories in it...like the time that Mr. Jeff Smelser went down the hill on his skinny, hard bike....or the time that Mrs. Marlene had to kill and mutilate geckos in China....or the time that all the Chinese actors making a movie thought she was a movies star....and tons of other great stories like that. Anyone would benefit from reading it. (note: I did cry at the end. It was very sad! No teasing, Heather...
ReplyDeleteHA! Sounds VERY weird, I think i'll stick with The red river of the north series! THANK YOU! Teasing me?!!!! Well no wyou know how it feels like to cry, over a book is kinda weid, movie is all the more better! *wink* If you know what i mean.
ReplyDeleteBekah! You're misrepresenting the whole book!
ReplyDeleteOH, good. I don't think I wanted to read something that weird any way. I'll stick with the series you are giving Kerrin, Sarah! See you Monday! Also, I actually finished two of those books, from front to back.
ReplyDelete