Saturday, June 5, 2010

Wanna Play?

Well, today is Saturday and I spent most of it over at the Robsons' house. They had a teen get-together and we played lots of games - some that we learned and some that are old favorites. You know, like J'accuse, I Went on a Trip, and Spoons - well, okay, they were forks - and the new ones were "Take the Money and Run", and "King". What is King, you ask? Well, I don't call it King. I call it "Scrambled Senses and Refried Brains". It gave every single one of us (except Jacob) a splitting headache, but it was sooo much fun! What you do is you sit in a circle, and the "king" calls out the name of one of the other players, who responds immediately with the name of another, etc. (No hesitations or zoning out!) Easy enough, you say. What's the big deal? Well, as soon as someone messes up, everyone changes seats going clockwise. until the poor defenseless person who made the mistake is sitting to the left of the king. But your seats still have the same names! For instance, I sat next to Hope. When we switched, I sat in her seat, and so I had to respond to Hope, and Rachel, who had switched over to my seat, had to respond to Sarah. But it was super-hard not to call out the next name when someone calls out "Sarah!" It's even more confusing when Rachel answers and calls out "Hope" and I have to respond. There's no way to win. There's no way to lose. It's just a really confusing, brain frying game that gets a few good laughs out of people. Fun. Exciting. Exhausting. Wanna play?

10 comments:

  1. Kerrin: Did you get those messages via Skype yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should play "king" again when I'm there, and what is "take the money and run"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a game we played before you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, she did! When do we know that you are on?
    Do we pick a day?
    "If I could write a song, a thousand miles long.."
    I think you know the rest. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's a game you played before I got there, but how do you play?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alguna vez has querido tocar la flauta?

    I do, very much so, and perhaps the rest of you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to play this, it sounds like too much work, tiresome, horrifying, and irksome, but still, I would do it. Just to confuse the air molecules currently residing in the cavity of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ho, then! We shall teach you, yes we shall, precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes,my precious...but indeed, the real name should be "fry your brain and serve it up with lettuce"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting "An Old Fashioned Girl"! Please leave a comment if you wish, and feel free to follow me! Have a great day.