
I know, I know. Weird title - but let me explain. Has anyone ever seen the food network show "Iron Chefs"? (PS: Don't waste your time, unless you really want to know every detail on how to cook roast boar.) If you have, then you know that it shows two teams competing with each other with one ingredient that they both are required to use. They have one hour to prepare the best dishes they can possibly create in that time. Well, today, Katy, Molly, Anaja, Rebekah, Hannah, and I challenged each other to a "battle" to see who could create the best apple pie. We split into teams: Anaja, Katy, and Bekah on one team, and Molly, Hannah and I on the other. Katy's team made a French Apple Pie, but our team chose an old-fashioned, boring old apple pie... except for the fact that we sneaked about a cup of sugar into the top crust and then sprinkled more on top. Hey! What did you expect with Molly and Hannah and I all on one team?
Well, sugar saved the day in our case. Dad and the our contractor were the judges, and they decided that our good old apple pie took the gold medal.
Why did we think of this, you ask? Well, when Mr. Rodger (the contractor) showed up, he brought news that he was planning to rip up the kitchen flooring within the hour, unbeknownst to any of us! So we set the timer for an hour and got cracking with minimal casualties. The only one happened during the last few minutes when we were rushing around crazily trying to make the time limit. Anaja was scrubbing at a pile of flour on the floor, and Katy accidentally stepped on her.
We did make the time limit, however, and four pies resulted, as you can see in the picture. The smoke alarm almost went off on one of them, but that's another story....
*wink*
ReplyDeleteOh, and by the way, Katy and Molly slept over because it was Katy's birthday today! Yay! And Anaja slept over because her mother journeyed to ME. We had an interesting time finding beds for everyone at 1:00am. I, luckily, kept my own bed with the fan blowing full force. Was it hot last night or was it just me???
ReplyDeleteJust you! Well, I see you enjoyed yourselves. (Hey look I CAN talk right! SARAH!) Well, may the best man win the bed he so dies for!
ReplyDeleteSmirkly Sammy
Hey,guys!we got back from maine a week ago. we saw all our freinds from up there-but caught the cold too. Tell ya'll bout it on thurs.!
ReplyDeleteI got NEWS! it is confirmed that our road name for Maine will be parenteau rd.therefore our address is gerard parenteau at 12 parenteau rd in Blaine Maine!(we are the only house on this road.)that's why it's specially named after us!(Amanda does not like it...sad)
ReplyDeleteHEY!I wanted to tell them that!
ReplyDeleteoh,and the reason we're the only house on the road is cause before we put our house on the land, the road was just used as a feild access road.
anybody else gonna post a comment?
ReplyDeleteNEAT-O! I want to visit Parenteau Road!!!
ReplyDeleteInteresting...Parenteau road. I have never heard where someone had a road named after them because they were the only ones on it. I like that, too bad we weren't the first ones on our "circle'!!
ReplyDeleteI wish we could visit Maine, maybe next year. (We have an aunt up there, that we were supposed to visit. She has a maple syrup "factory" if you will.)
Anyways, I still think that's very cool!!