WHEW! It's good to be home. Really good. Hello, everyone! I have been very bad and not posted any pictures but... I'm going to try to get some up tonight.
We had a great time exploring Pennsylvania and Missouri and everything in between! We met a lot of people from the Harrisburg and Ellisville churches, as well as seeing some good familiar ones! We saw Mr. Ben and Mrs. Katy Guyer up in Missouri - little Andrew is already "three and three-quarters" as he brags! And baby Hailey is hardly a baby anymore. In Pennsylvania we saw some Smelsers... some of many, jah, I know. The "Mr. Scott" Smelser family. Tabitha is taller than you, Nora! (smile)
I'll let you look through the pictures for details on the trip. The only event I don't have any pictures of was the trip to Hershey's Park in Pennsylvania. There I rode my first roller coaster!! I didn't look for half of it, though. I was so petrified I didn't even scream - I couldn't even scream. I just clung to the bar and looked at the sky as Hannah buried her face in my shoulder and Anaja and Bekah yelled behind us like this: B: "I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!" A: "You are not going to die! Stop yelling!" B: "I can't help it! I'm gonna die!" Well, we didn't die. We made it off that roller coaster and THEN decided that we wish we had looked.
It was very hard saying goodbye to everyone. We made so many friends! One girl in Missouri told us she was going to go cry when we were gone. Then we felt MUCH better. But it really did seem like we were part of the congregation! We're working on convincing them all to come out to New England sometime. Speaking of which, we had a gospel meeting/lecture series when we were there (I know, it's not the same, but since we weren't here for ours or Tyngsboro's or Bangor's it was a small comfort) and the preacher's wife was from RI! What are the odds of that?
But it's good to be home, and I'm looking forward to seeing y'all on Thursday, or whenever I'll be seeing you. Look at the pictures in the photo album, if you please, and you may catch a picture or two of my little niece Peach Fuzz, or Violet!
Hmmm, highly interesting! I'll have to go look at those photos.
ReplyDeleteWell I find it interesting that ANY of the Sutherlands went on a roller coaster!! I knew Anaja would, but the rest...well I am shocked. Though I must say, Rebekah's dialogue is exactly what I expected.
ReplyDeleteHaven't caught any pictures of "Peach Fuzz" as you so "affectionately" call her!!
I do hope you get MO pictures up, usually...well let's just say you don't always follow through. *wink* I want to see everything you did...please!
Sounds like you had a very pleasant trip.
ReplyDeleteyour vacation sound great!
ReplyDeletewe went to hershy's park when we were all little.what roller coaster did you go on? I remember the "Batman" roller coaster.me + nate were too little to go on,but Nick + Dad did.I hear that ya ride on your stomach + do all sorts of loops + turns.
Thats my kind of roller coaster:daring+dangerous
Yes, it was very pleasant, thank you!
ReplyDeleteJah, well this one didn't have any loops and turns, thankfully! Just the speed took my breath away! Daring and dangerous? (shiver) You can keep them, Mandy! (smile)
their real fun! :)
ReplyDeleteAgreed! I love roller coasters. Although I've never been to Hershey. I've been to other places, Mandy.
ReplyDeleteKC